Uzbekistan by High-Speed Rail
8 days from £2175 per person
Places Visited: Tashkent, Bukhara, Samarkand
If you only have a week to spare then this streamlined tour, starting and ending in the capital Tashkent, is our recommended option. To squeeze in as much as possible, it makes use of Uzbekistan’s impressive high-speed rail network connecting the capital with Samarkand and Bukhara. This significantly reduces transfer times between cities and allows you to get around more of the highlights. We’re confident you’ll find this varied, well balanced route hugely rewarding and full of fascination.
- Marvel at the splendour of the great Registan in Samarkand, the apogee of Timurid architecture
- Explore the famous landmarks of Bukhara’s old city
- Visit arts and crafts workshops where the ancient skills of the Silk Road endure
- Experience traditional markets, music and cuisine
- Stay in comfortable, well run hotels throughout
- Includes the services of an English-speaking guide and driver
- Travel by a mix of luxury car and high-speed train
Photo Credit: TransIndus
It is advisable whenever travelling abroad to read the Foreign Office Travel advice for your intended destination prior to booking.